POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Hey, want a 3d converter for all platforms? : Hey, want a 3d converter for all platforms? Server Time
29 Jun 2024 06:12:26 EDT (-0400)
  Hey, want a 3d converter for all platforms?
From: Jon A  Cruz
Date: 23 Sep 2001 03:06:38
Message: <3BAD8952.BFBCDB67@geocities.com>
Especially Macintosh?

Need something that will output Mesh 2 with UV support?

Things are settling down for me finally, so I can get back to
recreational programming. Seeing the complaints of some Mac users about
there being no tools to create Mesh2 objects for 3.5, I figured it was
time for me to put my money where my mouth is and go ahead and code some
Java utility.

I can program. The docs describe the output. Now all I need is to know
what kind of model files need to go in to get converted. What do you
guys want support for?

My current plan is to do a command-line converter in Java that also has
an optional UI component. It would work under Windows 95, 98, ME, XP,
NT, 2K, Mac OS 9, Mac OS X, Linux, Solaris, Irix, HP-UX, OS/2 and others
with one single unified 'binary'.

Oooh. Sound good? Anyone interested?

--
Jon A. Cruz